Wednesday, July 2, 2008

New York

Ty and I had the chance to go to New York with my parents this past weekend and we were so excited because neither of us had ever been there. I'm glad I got to see New York City, it is quite the sight to see and we had quite the experience. I realized what a bubble I live in, the people in New York are very different from the people in Utah! (We were there on Gay Pride Day so we got a little extra exposure) I am not really a huge fan of Utah but when we came back on Monday I felt very happy to be here! I think I took for granted how beautiful the mountains are and even just the feeling of being safe and being around people that believe in the same things as I do. It is also nice to be able to go somewhere without having to travel on like 6 different freeways and getting lost a few times before getting to where you want to go. Driving there is crazy!
This picture was taken from our hotel parking lot. We were right across the river from Manhattan! The skyline of Manhattan was breathtaking!


Riding the ferry back to our hotel


Ok, so Ty and I decided people just don't eat back east because we couldn't seem to find restaurants or even a grocery store anywhere! Pretty much everything we ate came from a gas station. This picture was taken after a long day with no good food. We just happened to find a pizza at the hotel with no one around....oh man we stole some!


We took the Staten Island Ferry to get a closer look at the Statue of Liberty. I have to say I was a little dissapointed with the size of it. The movies always make the statue of liberty look huge but it is actually quite small! (I couldn't get any good pictures of it because it was night time and because it is so little!)

Ty and I at Times Square!

This picture was taken at Ground Zero. It was a really cool place to visit.

This was a very interesting little statue that I decided to pose on. (Apparently they are supposed to be eyeballs)




In front of the David Letterman Studio!


My mom and I waiting for the subway (Our hair looks extra special because of all the humidity!)

No comments: