Saturday, April 2, 2011

Saylor turns 2!

Since we were going to be out of town for Saylor's actual birthday, I decided to have a little party for her before we left with all her friends in Kirksville.

I made Mickey and Minnie cupcakes out of oreos...

I look WAY more excited than Saylor in this picture but Saylor really did love being sung to and blowing out her candles

Enjoying that yummy cupcake...
Say loves all her friends!
I just can't believe my baby turned two!! I was kind of emotional about the whole thing. We have been watching a lot of home videos of Saylor from her first two years and I can't believe how grown up she is! I love how much she is talking and how much of a little person she is becoming. She is talking in sentences now and it's so funny to hear the things she says. These are some of my favorites:

"I love you so much!"
"Hey mom, what's up?"
"You're my best friend."
"I wanna snuggle."
"I so tired, I wanna go back to sleep."
"It's ok honey, it's ok."
"I hope it's not permanent."
"Please, please, please!"
"To infinity and beyond!"

Some of the not so cute things she says (usually while pointing her finger):

"Don't!"
"Get out!"
"Don't touch me again!"

Well actually, they are super cute too but I have to pretend they aren't when she says them to me when she's mad. Saylor pretty much repeats everything she hears. When we are driving in the car I can hear her copying the lyrics to the songs on the radio. She still loves to dance and now loves to sing. She watches American Idol with me and dances around the room and sings with her arms stretched out. One day she went in her room and brought back her lamp, took the lamp shade off and used it as a microphone for the rest of the show.
She is super motherly and LOVES princesses right now. Her favorite movies are Toy Story, Beauty and the Beast, Monsters Inc. and Tangled. Her favorite foods are cheese, bananas, avocado, pb&j sandwiches, mac & cheese and most fruits and vegetables. She still drinks juice like there is no tomorrow. Saylor loves to play with friends, go on walks to the park, read books, take baths, swing, go swimming, do dishes with mom, play with dad, jump on trampolines and she would stay outside the whole entire day if we'd let her.

Saylor definitely has both mom and dad very tightly wrapped around her little finger. She is our whole world and is constantly making us laugh and melting our hearts. We feel so blessed that she is ours.

No comments: