Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Manti Pageant

We went down to Manti with Ty's cousin Andi and her new husband Trevor!

We posed by some scary Lamanites!


Tuesday night for the first time ever I got to go to the Manti Pageant! I've always wanted to go but we are always in Boise during the summer so we usually miss it. I can't believe there is such a beautiful temple in such a tiny town in the middle of no where. It was fun to walk around the little town of Manti. It was so awesome to sit under the stars and watch the pageant with the temple as a back drop. The spirit was really strong and it strengthened my testimony of the Book of Mormon and Joseph Smith. It was really cool to watch Book of Mormon scenes acted out. I loved the scene when Jesus came to visit the America's after he had been resurrected. They had a huge storm with earthquakes and lightening and there was even fire coming out of all the rocks! It was awesome! My very favorite was when they had the little children surround Jesus. It was so cute to see all the kids running toward him, I think it will be just like that. It gave me chills when they talked about how Mormon had dedicated the hill where the temple sits so many years ago, the very hill I was looking at! It was definitely worth the drive down to Manti even though we did get pulled over for speeding (don't worry he let us off with a warning since we said we were on our way to the pageant!)

2 comments:

Danielle said...

Chels-This looks like so much fun! I am so glad you enjoyed it. I wish we could have been there.

Trevor and Andi said...

Chelsey- I love your blog! Its so fun! PS, I copied and saved that picture, its a sweet one.