Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Last Day of School






I can't believe I did it--I got through my first year of teaching!! In so many ways it was a relief to be done but I am also very very sad to say goodbye to my first students ever. I told them so many times that since they are my first class I will remember them forever and always love them the most. I have learned more this year as a teacher than I ever could have imagined! When I look back at all the work I did and all the hours I put in this year I can hardly believe I was able to do it. There were nights I stayed at school until 10pm trying to prepare for the next day or an observation or working on my teacher work sample. There were days I came home crying to Tyler because it was so hard but there were so many other days I came home and told Ty I was the luckiest person ever to get to hang out with the coolest kids in the world everyday. My students really were my best friends. I told them everything. I would tell them stories about me and my life all the time. At the end of the year reflecting on everything we had learned together I really was so proud of all the things I had taught them! It is cool to think, wow, look at all these things they know and I taught it to them! Our class had so much fun together. My students always called me crazy because I acted completely myself around them and yes I am kind of a crazy one. Some days I would laugh hysterically at things the kids did or said and I always just felt so happy at school. I was always bouncing around excited. I really did have the coolest students ever, I think if they were my age we really would all be best friends and hang out together all the time. This year really was one of the best experiences of my life. After this year I feel like I can do anything! Being a teacher is hard and you have to know how to do a million things at once. I felt like I was the mom of 27 kids who came to me with every problem and struggle they were having. I feel like all my children have just been taken away from me! At least I am staying at my school next year so hopefully they will visit me and still play with me at recess. I made it through my last day with only crying twice. I will always treasure this year, I think in so many ways it has prepared me to be a mom someday. I am just so greatful to have had this experience and that Heavenly Father trusted me to teach and love so many of his children!

1 comment:

Tyson and Courtney said...

Congrats on finishing your first year teaching! You look like the cutest teacher ever and I bet you're such a fun teacher. Your students were lucky to have you!