Friday, July 25, 2014

Major Catch Up!

So I just realized that I haven't blogged for 7 months! Sad day. The main reason is because our computer has been broken for just about that long but I'm also pregnant and things have been super busy with Ty finishing up his 2nd year of med school, studying and taking boards and MOVING TO UTAH!
 
My blog is the way I journal and scrapbook so I fully intend on catching up and posting pictures of the last 7 months.  It has been a really hard last 7 months, but we of coarse did a lot of fun things in between that need to be documented!
 
This pregnancy has been a super rough one. I felt way sicker than I ever have and have had some health issues which have made it no fun. My doctor restricted me from exercising this time around which has been so hard for me! I need to be active in my life! For a while I was taking daily shots in my stomach and I have really had to take things easy.
 
The six weeks leading up to Ty taking his boards were soooo hard! Ty studied all day and all night, 6 days a week.  We are used to him being gone a lot, but this was the busiest and most stressed he had ever been.  I packed up our entire house all by myself. Luckily my mom came to help me clean the few days before because I never could have done it alone! One of my best friends Stacy was also super amazing.  She took my kids and came and helped me scrub my house until it shined.  She was on her hands and knees scrubbing things with a toothbrush, pregnant and all!  She is the greatest and I miss her dearly!
 
Leaving Kirksville was so bittersweet. We had been there 4 years and we had grown to love it so much. We had so many amazing experiences and we met some of our dearest friends. Living in Missouri was our first time we had ever lived away from family and I really feel like we "grew up" and learned how to be a family on our own. Tyler and I had to rely on each other and on Heavenly Father so much. Our friends became our family.  We wouldn't trade our experiences there for anything. But as sad as we were to go, it was time to move on.
 
So far third year has been the BEST!!! Ty is usually off by 5:30 and has had several days when he gets off early and lots of days when he just has the day off! Even the fact that we have Saturdays with him has been a dream come true! I can finally actually look forward to the weekend instead of dreading it! I love that we had to go through some hard things because it makes the good so much better:) 
 
We love being in Utah! It's fun being here and not having to live out of a suitcase.  Our house is beautiful and has the most gorgeous view of the mountains!  I definitely cried the first time we pulled up and saw the mountains from our house. Behind our house there is a giant farm, train tracks and a fruit stand. We see horses pass behind our house all the time. We kind of live in the country but we also are only 5 minutes away from the mall, costco, hobby lobby, and any other store or restaurant I could ever want! My girls have loved being so close to their cousins, aunts and uncles. We love being by Grandma and having a babysitter whenever we want! I have been spoiled and haven't been to the grocery store alone with my girls not even once. We are loving the non-humid weather and the cool summer nights. There are so many fun things to do! Last night we saw our sixth firework show! (and I really love fireworks!!!) We have been to Lagoon, 7 peaks, splash pads, rodeos, parades, up the canyon, to my cabin and so many other things. 
 
My doctor here in Utah took me off my daily shots and I have been feeling so good! I think all the fun things and being around family have distracted me and I don't feel as miserable and uncomfortable. I got big really fast with this pregnancy and people have been asking me for months if I am due any day haha! I currently have 26 days until my due date. I'm super ready to be done being pregnant, get my body back and be able to move but I'm also super scared to have 3 kids! 2 kids is still so hard, how will I ever be able to handle another? I feel like I forget how to take care of a newborn, how to nurse, how to get up all night long. It will definitely be nice having family around this time though.  We are also so so excited to be having a BOY!
 
So that is the update for now. We just bought a new computer so I will post pictures from the last 7 months soon!

No comments: