Saturday, August 4, 2012

Summer Part 2

One of the awesome parts about going home is we have our own personal stylist!  Kirstie is in beauty school  so she cut Ty's hair, gave him a straight edge shave, dyed my hair, gave me eyelash extensions and glitter toes.
 Saylor making cookies with Grandma Utah
 A huge event that happened this summer...my little sister got engaged!!!  Seriously crazy...she is only 19! Oh wait, I was 19 when I got engaged too.  But she is my baby sister and best friend so I am still a little wierded out.  Kirstie is seriously the most gorgeous, sincerely genuine and kind person I know.  Not to mention she is the most fun ever to hang out and laugh with.  Gosh I just love her more than anything.  Keyser is such a lucky guy.  We are excited to get to know him better and have him in our family!  
 Something I love about Utah is that there is a different celebration going on every single weekend!  I wanted to go to all of them.  This was at the Orem Summerfest parade.  It was actually really freezing that day but I was just so excited to go to a parade!  We even ran into our good friends from our ward in Missouri.
 Celebrations usually mean fireworks!!!!  I realized I am totally obsessed with fireworks because I forced everyone to go with me to every firework show happening in the whole valley.  We also discovered that Oakley LOVES fireworks!  She is usually a wiggly little babe but she sat still and stared at the Summerfest fireworks the entire show.
 Hogle Zoo with the Fam
 Beautiful Autumn and Oakley
 Playing at the City Creek Mall playplace...seriously love this place.
 We were able to go up to my cabin for a few days and we had a lot of fun.  
My girls snuggling up with Aunt Autumn
 Tallon and his crazy afro
 Kirstie swinging with Oaks...did I mention how she's the best sister ever?  She always knew just when I needed a break and would totally take care of and entertain my girls.
 Delicious s'mores!
 We were up at the cabin for Father's Day and Ty got to spend some quality time with his dad fishing!
 Kirstie pretending like she caught the fish
 Ty's mom is completely awesome and took our girls home with her so we could stay a few days at the cabin  just the two of us!  This is the longest we've ever been away from our kids (2 whole days and nights!) It was a great break for us.  
Our yummy hot dog dinner we roasted over the fire

 I tagged along with Ty and read while he fished

Almost done...

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I know what you mean...there is just something about having your youngest sister get married. Sad but happy at the same time. I leave next week for the wedding, and I think it will be an emotional week!