Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Two Super Fun Dates!

Tyler and I had only been on one date since we moved here due to lack of babysitter (Grandma, we miss you!) but this weekend we got to go on two dates!! The school here is SO family friendly and they periodically provide free babysitting so the students can go out on dates with their wives! It is awesome. Friday night I wanted to do something really adventurous that we wouldn't be able to do if Saylor was with us so we decided to go kayaking! We had so much fun and the weather was great!

We kayaked all across the lake until the sun went down.

I also got to ride on Ty's motorcyle with him for the first time since we moved here. They have a helmet law in Missouri and since we don't have one for me I had to wear this bike helmet! This picture is kind of blurry but I had to post how funny I looked wearing it around. It was well worth it though, it felt awesome to ride out to the lake and feel the warm breeze with my arms wrapped tightly around my hunny:)

After kayaking we all went out to Ruby Tuesdays for ribs! (It's pretty much the only sit down restaurant they have in Kirksville) Oh they were so yummy!

I think Reed was getting a little jealous of all the guys on their motorcyles so Ty finally agreed to give him a ride...these two have gotten awfully close since we moved here...haha. Plus I think Reed just really wanted to try out my bike helmet!

We left Say for 4 whole hours and she did awesome! She loves to get rides on Ty's motorcyle so Ty gave her a little ride around the parking lot after we picked her up. Every time Saylor hears or sees a motorcyle she says, "Daddy, daddy!"

I didn't get any pictures Saturday night but the SAA (the club for med school wives) had another night of free babysitting plus free dinner! We had a lot of fun socializing and meeting some new people. It was an awesome weekend!

2 comments:

Tyson and Courtney said...

Free babysitting offered by the school?! Lucky! What a fantastic idea! Looks like you guys made the best of your childless night. :)

Time-Out With Tiffany said...

So fun... I love that idea! Way to be adventurous!