Friday, February 12, 2010

Update on Saylor's Hands

WARNING: THESE PICTURES ARE EXTREMELY GRAPHIC, DO NOT PROCEED IF GROSS THINGS MAKE YOU FEEL SICK INSIDE
I really debated putting these pictures up on the blog but I've had a lot of people request to see them so I figured this was the easiest way. It also is really cool to see the progression of how her hands have healed over the last month. Most people we show these pictures to say her hands look way worse than they ever could have imagined. So I am sorry to anyone who happens to come across these pictures by accident and see things they don't want to see. I already talked about how horrible the day was when she burned her hands but the worse part is we had to relive that every day when we took her into the doctor to have her hands looked at, cleaned, have all the dead skin pulled off and have them re-wrapped. It was heart wrenching.

This picture was taken two days after Saylor burned them, this is the worst they ever looked but they kept telling us they would look worse before they looked better. I was holding Saylor but I could hardly look at her hands without feeling like I was going to pass out.

This picture was taken about a week after they were burned, still pretty bad
We took this picture at the burn clinic where they sent us to make sure she had no 3rd degree burns. Thankfully she didn't so she didn't need skin grafts. They were starting to look so much better.

This was about a week ago and she only had a few scabs left.

We took this picture yesterday and her hands look amazing!! It is a miracle. I can't believe how well they have healed. Thank you for all the prayers in her behalf!! Saylor's cousin Tra told me that Saylor's hands got better because they prayed for her every day and I know that is absolutely true.

And I had to add a happy picture for the end! Saylor is doing great!

1 comment:

Douglas Family said...

ohh poor little saylor! that makes me so so sad for her! i cant even imagine how hard that was for you guys to have to go through! i am so gald its over and she is doing good, her hands look great now!!!