Sunday, September 14, 2008

Camping on Labor Day

This is a little late but we went camping with my family over Labor Day weekend. We got a little lost on the way there and had to spend the first night alone because we couldn't find my family and there was no service on our cell phones so we couldn't just call. (How did people ever survive without cell phones?) But it was an adventure and luckily me and Ty had our own tent that we set up and went to sleep in. On our way there we went through a tiny little town called Robertson! When I first saw the 7,289 on the sign I looked at Ty and said, "Wow, there is a lot of people that live here, I can't even see hardly any houses." Then I realized the number was for the elevation. Oops!

We camped next to a really pretty lake and even got to go canoeing!


Kirst and I looking gorgeous with no makeup

It was really cool because it is very rare to have all of my family together. There were so many people in the area camping that they had sacrament meeting in a big lodge and everyone just came in their camping clothes. It was such a fun weekend with lots of yummy food made in the dutch oven!

No comments: