Friday, May 22, 2015

Free Day at the Zoo

I found out on a random day that it was free zoo day! I'd been wanting to take my kids but the zoo is so expensive here so when I heard it was free I knew I needed to let Saylor skip school and just go! Sometimes I get brave and take all 3 of my kids places by myself. We packed a lunch, bundled up and headed to the zoo for the day!





 Because it was free that day the zoo was absolutely PACKED! There were people and kids everywhere and it was a little bit scary being by myself with all 3! My girls did awesome, they were really good to stay right by me.  I was constantly counting my kids all day, luckily Tripp was in the stroller! I have to confess though, Oaks did get lost. I turned around for a minute and looked back and couldn't see her anywhere. There were two different directions she could have gone and so I picked one and started running that way to try and spot her.  I picked wrong:( I got to a dead end and didn't find her.  Now I started to get pretty nervous. She could be super far away by now!  I ran the other direction and immediately tried to find a worker so I could get some help.  Right as I walked up to a food stand to ask for help I saw Oaks with a super nice Mom that had found her and was trying to report her lost. She wasn't crying but she looked super nervous. At first she refused to look at me, I think she was upset with me for losing her. When I finally got her to talk to me she burst into tears! Poor girl. She really was doing her best to stay by me and I hardly took my eye off her, there were just so many people. But we survived and we really had the best time!
 My 3 adorable little rascals:)


 These girls were so excited to be at the zoo and even just to be outside!


















We wore this baby out!

 Oaks refused to smile for the picture because she was super sad we had to go.


These are the days I LOVE being a mom! When I'm out playing with my kids and doing fun things! This day really was the best.  I just have to get brave and go do things alone sometimes:)

No comments: