Sunday, August 4, 2013

Summer Vacay!

So I'm pretty sure these are the pictures from the second half of our vacation but that's ok.  The first half will have to come later:) 
These first pics are from my family's reunion in Duck Creek.  As all of my siblings have grown up and moved away from Boise, we now have a reunion every summer with just my siblings and parents because we don't get to all see each other nearly enough.  We always go to a cabin but it's a different one every year and in a different location.  It's so fun to get to stay in different beautiful places.  This year we were up the canyon from Cedar City, Utah in Duck Creek Village.  Our cabin was BEAUTIFUL! Saylor was especially excited because there was a little girls's room just for her with a castle bed and dress ups! Here are pictures from a hike we did...
I can never get over how beautiful Utah is!
Little Miss Oakley
Give me 5!

This girl is turning into such a girly girl.  She loves to pose but it usually only lasts about half a second so you have to snap fast with the camera!
The view was gorgeous!
My uncle let us borrow his 4-wheeler and razor and there were endless trails to take them on! We also got to climb through some really cool caves.  I love staying at a cabin because we are all together and we do lots of eating yummy food, watching movies, playing games and of coarse lots of laughing.  I really missed Zach on this trip but he'll be home in 3 1/2 months....crazy!
Saylor loves Jessi and Morgin more than almost anything! These 3 girls played almost everyday all summer and Saylor couldn't get enough.  The first day we got to Utah Saylor ran to her cousins as fast as she could and to see them all hugging and so happy made me tear up.  We wish we lived closer to them but I love that they still have such a great cousin bond even though we live so far away.
Oh my cute little Oakley loved to tag along too
Every time I put clothes on Oakley she walks around telling everyone how pretty she is
This was our last real summer with Ty where he got a really long break from school and could play with us all day!  We really took advantage.  We played so stinking hard every day.  Utah has endless fun things to do and we didn't even get through everything even though we did something every day and every night.

We went with Ty's family to the Lehi Rodeo!
Autumn and I in our cowgirl boots
Saylor made a pretty cute cowgirl

All the girls!

What a cute bunch of cousins!
I think this was one of the only times all 5 of Ty's siblings were all together.  What a good looking group.  I feel pretty lucky to have married in to such an amazing fam.  I seriously love them all SO much!

Tallon is such an amazing uncle to my girls!  He is so cute with them.  He spent hours and hours playing with them this summer. Love him.
All the cousins danced and played in the dirt and had the time of their lives

Cute Oakley posing in the cowgirl hat

Saylor loves Dean! They ran around all night holding hands.
We got to spend a day at Lagoon!  Oakley was big enough to ride all the kid's rides and she really loved it!


Loving time with her Daddy!
The girls loved this ride and rode it over and over!
On the train...

Another Oakley pose...I'm so pretty!
I'm such a nerd and brought shower caps so we wouldn't get our hair wet!
The whole group of us at Lagoon!  Ty has such a fun family!  It was so fun to go with lots of his aunts and uncles and cousins and their kids.
I love love love the 4th of July.  We went down to save spots the night before at the parade with some of Ty's cousins.  I took the girls to the parade in the morning and Oakley loved it so much!  She could be a professional waver!  We spend the day at my Aunt Jen's party which is always so fun and has the most delicious food.  Then we spent the evening with Ty's family at another BBQ.  We ended the night with watching the fireworks outside the stadium of fire and going to a huge dance party afterwards right outside of the stadium.  Talk about cramming in the most fun possible in one day!  My girls looked adorable!


This year is my 10 year high school reunion!  I know crazy, I am so super old! It is actually in a couple of weeks and since I am already back in Missouri, I won't be able to go.  I was super bummed so me and my close friends from high school decided to plan a girls weekend.  We all got babysitters for our kids and spent the whole weekend together!!!  It was SO much fun!!  It felt just like we were in high school again because we really did act like we were 17 again.  We rode tandem bikes up the canyon, went to 7 peaks, ate out, painted our nails, made friends at Krispy Kreme and handed out donuts to random people on the street, talked and talked and laughed hysterically.  It was so good for the soul.  I can't believe how blessed I am to still be so close to these amazing girls.  They really all are my heroes and I look up to them in so many ways.  We all live in different states so I'm grateful to all of them for making the effort to be together! 
It is good to be back home in Missouri but it has been a hard transition going from playing all day, having Ty around, not having to clean, cook or do laundry, seeing family everyday, having so much help with my kids...to pretty much being a single mom again and doing everything on my own.  Ty is already insanely busy with school and I feel like I'm having to relearn how to be a mom haha.  I forget how hard it is!  Being a mom is sooo draining! My girls are adjusting too and they've been really hard to handle.  But we are slowly getting back in the swing of things and hopefully Ty's second year of med school goes as fast as his first!

2 comments:

Tanner and Ashley Crossley said...

I'm loving Oakley's poses! She's a character.

Amanda said...

So fun Chelsey!