Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Summer Part 2

So all my posts and pictures are way out of order but oh well.  This is the last bit of our summer vacation pictures! Then I can post about Oakley's birthday!

The 3 beautiful blondie cousins! This was right after seeing each other for the first time....pure joy on those faces!
 I think Oakley looks so much like me in this picture! I'm pretty sure I had a dress just like this when I was little...the girls spent endless hours playing dress ups at Grandma's.  This is probably Oakley's favorite thing to do now, put on dress up clothes.  She is constantly bringing me dresses at home to put on over her clothes. She loves to look pretty!  It's funny how girly she is becoming.
 In Utah there are festivals with parades and fireworks happening every weekend.  You bet I went to every single celebration I could!  Orem Summerfest is one of my favorites!
 Like I mentioned before, Oakley could be a professional waver.  She gets sooo excited and waves at everything in the parade!
 Tallon and Ty
 The girls shaking their booties to the music

 I can't get enough of their sisterly love!  Melts my heart every time!
 Happy Family enjoying the summer evening (Wow I have really poofy hair in this picture haha)
 A week after coming to Utah we hit the road again to California! (my poor kids spent way too much time in the car this summer!)  We stopped in Vegas on our way.
 Checking out the BEAUTIFUL flower room at the Bellagio
Watching the Bellagio fountains!


 Saylor started jumping off this big statue and she even had a little group of people that had gathered around to watch her jump haha.  Oakley wasn't paying attention to Saylor's trick and ran right underneath her and got nailed!  All the people were like, "oooooohhhh!"  Sad day for Oaks.
 It didn't take long to cheer her up though!
 Saylor was riding on Tallon's shoulders and controlling where he walked by pulling on his ears, Say thought it was pretty hilarious!

 The next day we drove the rest of the way to California and headed straight to Huntington Beach! Beach day is always one of my favorite days of the trip.  We buried each other in the sand, played in the waves and walked along the pier.
 Oh Tallon.  He walked up to this group of girls and asked if they knew where his beach ball was haha!
 It could be over there...
 Or maybe over there...(luckily Ty was holding the camera when Tallon decided to do this!)
 Our next day was at the happiest place on Earth!
 We went straight to see the princesses! Oaks was fascinated with Cinderella and wouldn't stop staring at her.

 Aurora

 The girls chatting with Ariel

 Adorable little Tristin

 In front of the Castle!
 Our first ride was Pirates of the Caribbean and Saylor was so scared!  It was dark and she was completely freaked out!  I figured if this ride scared her that bad that she wouldn't want to go on anything!  But I was wrong...Saylor rode Space Mountain, Splash Mountain and even The Tower of Terror!!  She was so brave.  After riding the tower of terror she decided not to ride it again haha but she loved the rest of them!
 Getting ready to ride Buzz!



 Ty was loving the rockets!
 This picture is a pretty good description of how Oakley was most of the day.  We took Saylor to Disneyland when she was this age and she LOVED it.  We really thought Oaks would love it too but every ride we took her on she would start crying and say, "I wanna get back in the stroller!"  It was so sad. She was suddenly so scared of anything loud or dramatic.  Totally not the reaction we thought she would have haha.  Towards the end of the day she started to like a few rides.  She loved It's a Small World.
Cousins and Disneyland?! Life can't get much better than that!

 The parade was something Oakley definitely loved!
 Both my girls loved the carousel!



 In Toontown at Minnie's house...



 Oaks was having another extreme grumpy moment when we were trying to take this family picture.  Ty finally just got frustrated and held her upside down haha.
 We finally got a semi-normal one
 Just as we were leaving Disneyland (after my girls both slept through the fireworks) they saw Goofy and were so excited!!  They both hugged him for the longest time.
 It was a great way to end our day at Disneyland!
We spent the whole next day at California Adventure and sadly we forgot our camera!  It was a way fun day and we all loved Cars Land, the new Little Mermaid Ride and World of Color!!
What an amazing summer.  We are so blessed to have families that love to play like we do! 

Ty has now been in school for 3 weeks.  Saylor starts school on Thursday! We've been trying to enjoy as many days at the lake and the pool before summer ends.  Summer is my favorite season by far so I'm sad to see it go but I'm also feeling ready for Say to be in preschool again.  I'm a much better mom when I get a 3 hour break from her everyday! She loves it too and has lots of the same kids in her class this year.  One of my friends gets to be her teacher!
 The match is coming up in October when we find out where we will go for Ty's 3rd and 4th year of medical school.  It is really stressing me out! I have been wanting Utah sooo bad because I feel like we've been away from family for a long time now and I'm ready to be close to them for a few years and to have some help with my kids.  Though we have had an amazing experience living on our own out in Missouri, missing every single family event is getting kind of old.  Ty is completely set on Arizona.  There are lots of days that I feel good about Arizona too and I know I would be happy there.  We have lots of friends that want to go there and even some that are already there!  It's just so hard knowing we could live by Saylor's cousins and all our family and turning it down!  Our whole medical school journey is going to be 10 years long and it'd just be really nice to have a two year break in the middle of it all where I could be around family.  It could be our last chance to live there because we have no idea where Ty will eventually get a job and where we'll end up.  Ty feels like in order to do what he wants to do (sports medicine) the best place for that is Arizona.  How can I ask him to go somewhere that isn't best for what he wants to do?  I am so torn.  Maybe it's because I've felt like my kids are overwhelming me lately or I'm just thinking that living in Utah will be a nonstop party like it was all summer.  Or maybe it's because our best friends here want to go to Utah.  The problem is everyone else wants Utah this year too.  It's very competitive.  Arizona is pretty competitive this year too so if we put Utah #1 and don't get it, Arizona would probably get filled up and we wouldn't get that either.  Then we'd end up somewhere totally weird! Sorry to go on and on, but that is my dilemma right now.  I just want it all to be over so I can stop stressing!

I will post pictures of Oakley's birthday soon!!! 

No comments: