Monday, February 18, 2013

Kirstie's Wedding

The day of Kirstie's wedding was so many mixed emotions for me.  I am so so happy for her but I cried A LOT! Mostly happy tears but something about your baby sister getting married is just hard.  Kirstie had a really hard time when I got married and I am finally fully understanding why.  All the sudden you have to share them with someone, someone they love more than you.  Living in Missouri for all of their dating and engagement was also hard because we really just don't know Kyser that well.  But they are both amazing and I love them so much...not to mention they were the most gorgeous couple I have ever seen!  On New Year's Eve we said the best and worst thing that happened during the whole year and I decided the best thing of 2012 was being in the temple with my sister.  I am so incredibly proud of her for wanting a temple marriage and accepting nothing less.  My sister is so incredibly wise and mature for her age.  She was so ready to go to the temple.  It was a great day!

The Happy Couple!


The flower girls were so cute in their matching dresses!
The Bridesmaids!

Some cute ones of Miss Oakley...



Love this girl with my whole heart!!!!!
My girls with their Aunt Kirstie


 Tyler wasn't originally going to be able to come to the wedding because he had a huge test Monday.  A few weeks before he decided there was no way he could miss Kirstie's wedding (they are super close!) My parents so generously paid for Ty to fly out for the weekend and then fly back to Missouri to take his test and finish his last week of school before coming to Utah for Christmas break.  The best part was we didn't tell Kirstie he was coming!  The night before while we were at the church decorating I told Kirstie I had an early wedding present for her...I made her close her eyes and when she opened them Ty was standing there!!! It was the greatest surprise ever!!! Kirstie immediately started bawling and gave Ty the hugest hug.  We were all crying.  I'm so glad Ty was willing to sacrifice so much to be there. The wedding just wouldn't have been the same with out him there:)
The reception was gorgeous...my mom did a phenomenal job as usual!
I made Kirstie and Kyser's sign in book and I think it turned out sooo cute.



Saylor, Thyme and Daniella
The Italian Soda Bar was AMAZING!!!  Seriously the most delicious thing ever!




My parents had a life size cut out made of my brother Zach since he is serving a mission in Mexico City. Oaks learned to say Gak (Zach) and she kept hugging him all night.
Giving Uncle Zach kisses
All the cute kiddos!



Kirstie was so very trusting when she asked me to decorate her cake...it was my first wedding cake ever!  I had a lot of fun though.  (Thanks for all the help Julia!)
Grandpa and Oaks
It's hard to tell in the picture but the white chocolate was dyed light pink.
Ty's mom was such a HUGE help!  She picked me up from the airport in Salt Lake, drove me to Boise and watched my kids so I could actually help with the wedding! She is the best!
Zach and Kelsey
This was the only picture we got of the dance but it was a lot of fun! My cousin Samuel had the best moves I have ever seen (he is 12!) 

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I know what you mean about sisters getting married! I was so emotional when Danielle married Mitch. Life was about to change forever, and now I had to share her not only with him but with his family too! I was crying in the car on the way to the temple! Looks like fun day! Can't believe Kirstie is so grown up! Makes me feel old!

JoAnn Parkinson said...

You guys got some great pics! I have the most incredible family on earth!. Thanks to Ty for making such a huge sacrifice to be there, I can't imagine the day without him!!! You are the greatest! Love ya more than ever!!