Monday, March 12, 2012

Saylor is 3! Yipee!

Saylor had a birthday and we celebrated with a big party!
I made this cake I found on pinterest. I was actually surprised at how much it looked like the one I was copying!
All the yummy snacks!
My friend Bobby Jo is amazing and helped me make these cake pops. It took us like 5 hours but they were so much fun and I think they turned out so stinking cute. Plus, cake balls are like Ty's favorite treat ever. So not only are they the cutest thing ever, they taste good too!
Brynlee and Saylor dressed as princesses.
Yummy chocolate cupcakes!
Fruit Kabobs...I totally felt like my mom when I made these. (My mom is a wedding planner)

The kids making candy necklaces...yet another idea I found on pinterest.

Saylor blowing out her candles
This isn't a great picture but I was trying to show the different shades of pink on the inside of the cake.
We played pin the crown on the princess!
More decorations....
My baby girl is 3 years old! I've never met such a crazy, dramatic, spirited, spunky, more hilarious little girl. We love it and hate it at the same time:) I discover more and more everyday how EXACTLY alike we are. Sometimes it is like we are the same person and it's kind of scary. She definitely pushes me to my limits some days. Saylor is a lot to handle but we wouldn't have it any other way. She steals the hearts of everyone she meets with her adorable personality.

At 3 years old Saylor LOVES anything princess, dancing (especially to party rock anthem), singing (she knows every song on the radio), playing with her sister (and talking to her in a baby voice), swimming, reading stories, taking baths, playing at the park, having picnics (even if it's just eating our lunch on a blanket in the living room), McDonald's (not really sure how this happened, me and Ty both hate it), her Daddy:) (total Daddy's girl), painting her nails, her grandmas, mac & cheese, pb& j, chocolate protein shakes, cheese, bananas, avocado, stickers, play dough, sidewalk chalk, tea parties, bubbles, taking pictures, nursery, saying prayers, reading scriptures as a family before bed and playing with friends. Saylor is turning into such a helpful girl and loves to help me with laundry, dishes and other chores around the house.

It's been one week since Saylor threw her binky in the garbage and it's been pretty rough but we are finally seeing light at the end of the tunnel. That first night she pretty much cried all night long. So sad, but it had to happen sometime. She hasn't really even asked for it back, she just tells us she is crying because she is so sad it is gone:( She went from taking 2-3 hour naps everyday to not napping at all, but we figured that would happen. It's kind of why I put off the no binky thing for so long, I wasn't ready to give up her naps! But it's good, now we get to hang out together all day long!

We sure love this girl!

5 comments:

Shannon And Tyler said...

That cake is amazing!! I think that your family needs to come to Colorado Springs so Tyler can see old friends. Sometime around April 30th and then you can do Tates birthday cake.

Jessica said...

You are such a great mom Chels! Can't believe you have a three year-old! Looks like an adorable party for a sweet girl!

Mindy Sagers said...

Cutest birthday party ever! Will you throw me a pink princess party for my birthday coming up in a couple months. haha! jk. Thanks for inviting us, we love your little family.

danny.des.jack.nora said...

Holy Crap Chels, her birthday decor/cake/everything is amazing and SO cute! You are awesome! Miss you guys!

Molly said...

SO cute. You have some great skills. What a fun birthday. Saylor is such a cutie :)