Sunday, March 11, 2012

February

Oh man, I am so behind. I feel like I've been that way since Oakley was born...how do people with two kids do it? I feel like there is never enough time in life these days but I definitely want to document some of the things we've been doing for my own journaling purposes.

This was one of our only real snows of the year and Saylor was ecstatic!! We went sledding, taught Saylor how to make snow angels and made a snow man. Its a good thing we did because we haven't really had any snow since then and now it's warming up! Somehow we kind of skipped winter this year and I'm pretty happy about it.
Oakley all bundled up!
This girl loves the snow!
Riding on the sled with Gavin
What a fun month we had! My mom came out just for fun and we loved having her. My mom got up and went to exercise group with me everyday and even ran in a 5K with me and Ty in 9 degree weather! She is totally awesome! She also taught us how to make bowl of heaven which is our new favorite treat! We always eat the most delicious things when my mom comes.
It was so fun to have my mom here on Valentine's Day. She even watched the kids so me and Ty could have a date. We went to dinner and saw The Vow, best movie ever! Ty was so sweet and made chocolate rose bouquets for me, Saylor and my mom! Saylor was so excited and carried her flowers around saying she was going to get married with them. She loved being Daddy's valentine.

I got the biggest bouquet with coupons on each rose. My favorite coupon was a whole day with out changing a diaper!
I made Ty this book out of a deck of cards (It was supposed to be the 52 reasons but once I started writing I just couldn't stop...there's a lot of reasons to love Ty!)
Saying goodbye to my mom at the airport. These girls love their grandma! We were driving in the car the other day and Saylor said, "Let's go pick up Grandma at the airport!"
While we were waiting for my mom's plane to come she went outside and built a snowman with Saylor since she had been telling her they would do that the whole time she was here and never had a chance.
We got to go roller skating with the scouts this month for pack meeting. Ty had some pretty sweet moves!
Here is me trying to be as cool as Ty and totally failing!
Saylor was so good at rollerskating! I thought there was no way she would be able to do it and after one time around she wouldn't even hold my hand. She had so much fun skating and dancing to the music.
Our good friend Erica had a birthday and Saylor helped me bake her a chocolate cake!
Well mostly she just helped lick the beaters...

Happy Birthday Erica! We love all our friends here in Missouri.
Many more posts to come!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Ha ha I love Saylor's comment about going to pick up grandma at the airport! Made me laugh! Such cute girls! Now you have to share what "bowl of heaven" is!