Friday, March 16, 2012

7 months

Little Oaklers is 7 months old!
I am LOVING this age right now. I honestly just wish I could freeze time so she wouldn't get any bigger. Since Oakley learned to crawl she is such a happy little girl and she is constantly giving us giggles and smiles that melt our hearts.
About a week after Oakley learned to crawl she started pulling herself up to stand on things. Now she is pulling herself up on everything she possibly can. She is also walking along furniture and totally has no fear. She will let go like she can walk and totally face plant. There's been lots of bumps around here:( When we turn on music Oakley has started bouncing up and down to the beat, it's the cutest thing. We didn't think we could get a more active, wild baby after Saylor but we were wrong. Tyler and I are pretty active people so it definitely fits us to have busy kids. I guess it's a good thing too so she can keep up with that crazy sister of hers.
Oakley is totally a momma's girl and I'm loving that. She babbles a lot and has been saying mama and dada. I know she probably doesn't know what it means but sometimes it really feels like she is saying it to me.
This girl loves to eat! She is eating solids 3 times a day and would pretty much eat anytime we give her food. She will eat puffs all day long. She loves being able to pick up food by herself even if only half of it makes it to her mouth:) The only baby food she hasn't loved are green beans and peas. She likes to eat mashed up bananas with her hands and strawberries and blueberries in her little net.
She still isn't a great sleeper but is getting better. She has to be rocked or given a bottle to fall asleep. She goes to bed at 8pm and usually sleeps until 6 or 7am before she needs a bottle. The only problem is she doesn't want to go to bed after that so it's an early wake up call for us! She is getting more regular about her naps and sleeps every day from about 10-11:30am, takes about a 2 hour nap in the afternoon and sometimes a 30-45 minute power nap around 5-6pm. Oakley loves physical contact. When she is upset in the car or trying to fall asleep she immediately calms down if I put my hand on her chest or even just let her play with my hand. My arm always falls asleep in the car because I'm constantly reaching back to calm her down.
Oakley is such a squirmer and SCREAMS when we have to change her diaper or her clothes. She loves the bath tub and splashes like crazy. She is not content just sitting there either, she crawls up and back and tries to stand herself up on the sides or the faucet. She also loves giving kisses (sucking on our face).
Having two girls is SO much fun. I love how they are starting to play together. MOST of the time Saylor is a very good sister and is very sweet to her. I love when Saylor does things that make Oakley laugh and laugh. These two girls are my whole world.
We love you Oaks, you make our family complete!

No comments: