Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Halloween Festivities

Halloween was so so much fun this year. We celebrated all month long. I decided it is definitely one of my favorite holidays. These pictures are way out of order but here are some of the fun things we did for Halloween...

Saylor at the SAA trunk or treat
There were SO many Halloween parties this year that I told Ty we probably didn't need to have one at our house again. Ty informed me that we will be having a Halloween party at our house EVERY year for the rest of our lives, haha, and I'm so glad we did because it was SO much fun! It's fun to have a husband who likes to party!

Doing the traditional donuts on a string, couple style! Things got a little crazy...don't worry, there is a donut between them!

The kids doing the cake walk
Saylor REALLY enjoyed her cupcake!
Say hitting the ghost pinata-
I think she thought it was her birthday or something with all her friends at her house for a party!
The kids grabbing all the candy
I had to get pictures of some of our friends awesome Halloween costumes!


You can't see it very well but Lacey has got a big bun in that oven!
This year Ty decided to make our already super creepy basement into a spook alley. Sadly I didn't get any pics but I'm pretty sure it was some of the kids favorite part of the night! We also had some super delicious soups, desserts and homemade root beer with dry ice!

Saylor got to dress up as Aurora so many times that I had her wear her cheerleading outfit to one of the Halloween parties. She was a very cute cheerleader. She was especially good at yelling, "Go Team!" and clapping her hands.
Saylor having a Halloween lunch with some of her friends
Saylor made such a beautiful Princess Aurora, she got so excited to put her costume on!
We had some couples over to make haunted gingerbread houses

Ty is very into having "family" costumes. Since Saylor wanted to be Sleeping Beauty, we went as Sleeping Beauty's parents and Oakley was one of the fairies.

Ty was pretty excited about his goblet, haha!

This was Saylor's first year carving a pumpkin
Our family's awesome pumpkin
Oakley with her friends Adelyn and Elliana
Oakley looked so cute in her little Halloween jammies!
On Halloween night we decided to take Saylor trick or treating for her first time. I felt so old taking her around to the houses. She had so much fun and got SO much candy!

3 comments:

McKenzi and Matt Irvin said...

Oh man! I am not gonna lie, I am bummed we weren't there to help you guys party! ;). We miss you guys. Looks like you are having a blast. Love your family costumes. So cute!

Time-Out With Tiffany said...

so can't lie this post made me sad! I miss you guys, but glad you guys are having fun.... just don't forget us :)

Unknown said...

So this is so random but I was googling something about princess costumes and one of the images that came up was of Saylor! haha I did a double take and clicked on the link and came to your blog (this post). Anyway, so random. Hope you guys are doing great. Your little guy is so cute. --Molly