Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Baby Shower and a Surprise Party

Our weekend was busy busy busy but it was also so much fun! Saturday morning I threw Sarah a baby shower and I think it turned out great.

I made these cupcakes with some help from Autumn and Ty-my cake decorating skills are coming in handy! They took forever but they were totally worth it because I think they turned out adorable!

These are the invitations I made. I am turning out to be so crafty now that I'm a stay at home mom and have some time. I really enjoy it too!I can't wait for Sarah to become a mom! Sarah got some super cute stuff! At the end of the shower everyone decorated onesies and they all turned out so cute!! Matt's mom made this super cute polka dotted one
They still don't have a name so she is being called Baby Briggs for now...
Delynn was so great to have the shower at her house even on her birthday! She did so much to help, I never could have done it with out her.
Delynn was so excited to meet Matt's family since she considers Matt and Sarah part of our family. They were nice enough to hang out and play some games after the shower (Delynn LOVES games!) Later that day we had a surprise party for Delynn and Ty was such a genius in figuring everything out so she'd be surprised. We told her we were stopping by one of Ty's friends to get something on our way to dinner when we took her to this totally awesome gymnastic place where everyone was waiting to surprise her! Ty's whole extended family came along with Matt's family and we had such a fun time!! Anyone that knows Ty's mom knows she loves to play so this was the perfect place.
They had this awesome big blow up thing that four people could fit inside and be rolled around in Ty doing crazy tricks off the trampoline into the pit
We also did sumo wrestling, rope climbing, double front-flips into the pit and an awesome obstacle course where we raced each other in teams. I think everyone had a great time.
Even Saylor had fun!In the middle of that crazy day I had just enough time to decorate Delynn a cake. She said a while ago all she wanted for her birthday was a cool decorated cake. It's not quite as cute as the cupcakes but it still turned out ok.Delynn told us it was the best birthday she's ever had and she so deserved it. She is such an amazing mother-in-law and Grandma. We can call her any time of the day and she is more than happy to tend Saylor for us even if it means driving to us to come get her. I have never seen anyone who loves kids so much, her grandkids are her whole life. She does so much for her family it was our turn to do something for her! Happy Birthday Delynn, we love you!!

2 comments:

Danielle said...

Chels, the shower looked so fun! I was a failure and forgot to call you to tell you I was going to be in Boise. I'm glad Sarah had fun! I have a gift for her that I need to send asap.

Tyson and Courtney said...

Cute cupcakes Chels! I'm impressed!