Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Camping in Nauvoo

 It was so cool getting to be in the Nauvoo Stake.  We had several opportunities to go to the Nauvoo Pagaent and of coarse to the Nauvoo temple.  Right before we moved they were having a big celebration in Nauvoo and they were feeding everyone dinner, Susan Easton Black told pioneer stories and everyone could camp for free.  Ty was way too busy and stressed to come with us but I went with a few friends and our kids to camp! I was six months pregnant but I just love to camp so much and wanted to take advantage of this cool experience while we were still so close to Nauvoo.

Saylor and Raleigh had a blast playing together!

It was kind of stressful being there with all our kids and no husbands and it got a bit trickier when it got dark and Oaks was running around the camp site.  I had to distract her with the ipad for awhile to keep her in one spot.
Watching Mickey with Max
Cute Max and Lisa
Raleigh let Saylor wear his headlamp and she thought that was pretty cool.
Happy Camping Kids!
Roasting Marshmallows!

I really wasn't sure how the whole camping with a bunch of kids in one tent thing was going to go...but my girls actually did awesome!



Snuggling with mommy in the tent
The girls of coarse woke up as soon as it got light...about 6am
Drinking hot chocolate in the morning
So excited!

My little poser



I love our adventures!

No comments: