Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Fun Run

This past Saturday was the SAA fun run.  I was mostly looking forward to it because I only had to run 6 miles (10K) and I didn't have to wake up at 5am to do it! Right before the race started, Allie and I decided since it was only 6 miles we were going to try to go fast!  
My time was 48:29 and I was super happy with that!  It felt great to push myself.
We are ready to rock it at the marathon this Saturday!
I ended up getting a silver medal!  I was pretty excited, I have never placed in a race before!  I only missed gold by 25 seconds!
Molly, Katherine, me, Lisa, Collete and Rachel after the race
A bunch of SAA girls!
They also had a cute little kids run and Saylor was sooo excited!!!  Ty ran it with her.

Say did great!  She ran the entire time.


Coming across the finish line!  Saylor fully believes she won the race so I just agree with her.  She told me several times that there is only one winner and that it was her haha.
Saylor was so excited to run in a race just like Mommy!
Happy to spend a little time with Daddy (This doesn't happen very often on Saturday mornings or ever actually!)
Saylor's certificate for running
Oaks just being a cutie.  Her new favorite things to say are:
"I lub you Mommy!" 
"Mommy, where are you?"
"Oh boy!" (When I change her diaper)
"Bummer!"
She is a crack up.
4 days until the marathon!  I've been preparing for so long it seems kind of surreal that it's finally happening!  I'm excited, anxious and nervous all at the same time!  

2 comments:

Maegan and Dan said...

Saylor told us a few times that she won the race when we babysat Saturday night. It was hilarious! Good luck on your big race!

Molly said...

Your fam is so cute. We're going to miss you guys! I love all the pics of Saylor racing and that Oakley pic looks just like her personality. You guys will do awesome on your race. It's finally here!