Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Saylor's 4th Birthday Party!

Just to start off, Saylor's birthday came at the end of one of the worst weeks EVER! It was Ty's finals week so I knew I wasn't going to be seeing him at all and I was prepared for that.  I had planned to make all of Ty's favorite foods that week and do whatever I could to ease the stress of finals.  
Monday, while I was teaching zumba, I threw my back out.  It hurt, but I didn't think it was that bad and I finished teaching the rest of the class.  It progressively got worse and worse until I could hardly walk without feeling shooting pain in my lower back.  I felt so helpless!  Little things like driving around, feeding my kids, helping them get dressed and doing anything normal were really painful.  
After a couple days I had a few people adjust me and work on my back and what I didn't know is it gets worse before it gets better!  Ty called to see if I could bring him food and I burst into tears.  The pain was so bad just from standing that I was feeling nautious.  I had no idea how I was going to survive the day.  Ty felt awful because there was really nothing he could do to help.  He was so extremely overwhelmed with finals coming up he couldn't leave studying.  So he called my friends.  I am SO blessed to have the most amazing friends ever!!! Lisa came right over and got Saylor dressed, did her hair, fed my kids lunch, cleaned my house and made me lunch.  Stacy came and picked Saylor up for school.  Jess came and picked up Saylor for dance.  
That night Stacy was having a fun girls night and there was no way Ty could come home so she was the nicest ever and offered to let me put my kids to bed at her house so I could come hang out and eat the most delicious food ever!  Stacy told me to just put Saylor to sleep in her bed.  Her kids were asleep so I told Saylor she had to promise to stay in bed and NOT yell out to me because she would wake up the other kids.  I checked on her a few minutes later and she was fast asleep. It was such a fun night and so needed after a horrible day.  I went to go get Saylor out of Stacy's bed and she was sitting there awake, covered in throw up!  I was horrified!!!  Not only did she puke all over Stacy's beautiful bed but she sat there for who knows how long and didn't get out of bed or call out to me because I made her promise not to!  It was so sad.  Stacy was so sweet and forgiving about the whole thing.  Again, I have amazing friends!!  
Oaks also had a double ear infection throughout the whole week and I was pretty stressed about planning Saylor's birthday.  Saylor was so sweet all week and would help me clean the house by picking things up and I would tell her where to go put it.  Another friend brought me cookies just to be nice that week which was so sweet!  Sorry about my rant.  But yes, it was a hard week.  When Ty drove into the driveway Friday afternoon I started screaming because I was sooo happy to have him home!  
He was sooo exhausted but helped me make Say's cake and clean and decorate our house for the party.  Lisa and Marshall were also sooo great and helped so much to get ready for the party when I'm sure that's the last thing they wanted to do.  Saturday morning I got up and ran 12 miles (thankfully my back was feeling well enough by then) and we had an awesome party!  (I apologize for the longest explanation EVER)

Saylor after opening her bike when she woke up!
 I LOVE planning parties.  I asked Saylor way in advance what kind of party she wanted and she kept telling me all she wanted was a balloon party.  So that is what we had!  We made a giant rainbow wall out of balloons in the living room!  Say loved posing in front of it...
 The night before as I was making her cake I totally started bawling when I realized my first baby was turning four.  How did this happen?  Say woke up and sat on my lap for awhile and was being SO cute!!  I just wanted to freeze time in that moment forever.  I LOVE being Saylor's mom so much.  
She can be difficult and quite sassy at times but her good outweighs the bad by a ton.  Saylor says the funniest and cutest things everyday.  Her valentine to me said, "I know you love me because you wash my panties." When Ty got out of the shower in a towel Oaks was trying to grab his towel and Saylor said, "Look out, she's trying to get your swaggy thing!" She looked at Ty one day and said, "I'm the perfect girl, right dad?"  She will do good things and ask me, "Mom, aren't you so impressed?" She picks up on everything and tells me things like, "My phone has wi-fi Mom!" 
Saylor is so much like me and gets SO excited about everything!  She also is emotional like me.  When she sees pictures of her Grandmas and her cousins she will cry because she misses them so much.  She is always dancing and singing and knows all the songs on the radio by heart. She is such a good big sister and she likes to call Oaks "babycakes."  Her teacher always tells me she is such a good friend.  She loves preschool and her teacher.  She loves baths and swimming and is fearless in the pool.  She loves helping me especially when I make games out of doing chores.   She loves primary and wants to say every prayer at home.  She asks almost every night if it's family night.  She loves books.  She is very polite and is constantly telling us she loves us.  Saylor brings so much fun and happiness to our family!  I can't imagine life with out her.

 Doing her "I'm 4!" pose
 Luckily I had done a lot of the prep for the party ahead of time (mostly because I was just soo excited!)

 Balloon cake pops!
 I pinned a bunch of cakes on pinterest and let Saylor pick what she wanted.  She picked this one and I loved how it turned out!  I especially love love the mini banner!  Thanks Mindy and Lisa for helping make it!


 Posing with some of her friends



 We dipped balloons in pink chocolate, put them in the freezer and at the end of the party we popped them and ate our ice cream out of them!
 Saylor was very specific that she wanted to play balloon games at her party!
 Saylor did not like when the balloons would pop
 Relays with the balloons between their legs!

 They all thought it was absolutely hilarious when I told them to put a balloon in their shirt

 Playing freeze dance!


 Had to get one of the inside of the cake!
 I made balloon cupcakes with dum-dums as the balloons









 My friend Amanda has the awesome talent of making balloon animals and hats and she came and made balloon dogs and hats for everyone!
About an hour after everyone left from Saylor's party we had a surprise party for Mike!  Our house was already decorated and ready for a party haha!  I feel like we had like 50 people here, it was crazy!  
 Ty, Jake and Mike all happened to be wearing the same shirt so I had to get a picture

It was a major party day and such a fun way to start off spring break! More to come on the rest of our break soon...
(Congrats if you made it to the end of the LONGEST post ever!!)

1 comment:

danny.des.jack.nora said...

Oh my heck Chels, you are freakin AMAZING! Sorry about your back, but that SO makes me miss awesome kirksville. Such an awesome support to have. Happy Birthday to sweet Say, I can't believe are babies are 4. Kinda Nuts. I love your cute house and I am just in awe at how cute and amazing your party was. NICE work!