Saturday, July 17, 2010

Last Week in Utah

Ok, so I just need to do one more post of our last week in Utah before I post about Missouri. We had so much fun that last week and just tried to spend every second possible with family. Ty's family threw us a going away party at his uncle's house where we ate delicious food, hung out, the guy's played basketball, and his uncle's backyard just happened to be a prime spot for watching the Cedar Hills city fireworks. Afterwards we stayed late playing cards and laughing a whole lot. Saylor was in the house while we were on the back patio and she was playing peek-a-boo with us. She thought she was sooo funny! It was super cute!


We had dinner up at my Grandma Parkinson's house for the last time for a while
My Grandma with my cousin, cute little Baby Ray. My Grandma is awesome and when I found out we'd be moving so far away I knew I wanted her to teach me how to sew before I left because she's an amazing seamstress. My two cousins Heather and Mal and I started going over once a week so we could make quilts. I learned so much and I had so much fun just being able to spend that time with my grandma and cousins.
This was the final product, I really loved how it turned out! I was so proud of myself because prior to this I had absolutely no sewing skills so this was a huge accomplishment for me.
We got to go boating in our last week and I was so happy because boating is my most favorite thing ever! It felt so great to wakeboard. Here is me and Saylor on the tube together.
Autumn and Say
Say was loving the boat!
Say dancin' it up!
Saylor and Jess with Grandma Delynn
Saylor was so attached to her grandma, she would go to her over everyone, including me and Ty. Ty's mom did so much for us and we will definitely miss all the dinners at her house, the game playing and the babysitting whenever we needed her!
We spent a day at 7 peaks and sadly this was one of the only pictures I got...Saylor covered in animal cookies.
Ty got to play in one last city league basketball game and Say got to play with her cousins!
When we hung out with Ty's family it was pretty typical for everyone to be circled around Saylor watching her sweet dance moves...she's quite enertaining!
This pic of Say and Alyssa is kind of blurry but I still thought it was so cute!! We tried to go longboarding as much as possible before we left...oh how I miss Provo canyon!


It was hard to say goodbye to a place we've grown to love so much and even harder to say goodbye to the people there who we love even more. We'll never forget our wonderful first five years of marriage spent in Utah. I'll always be greatful for this time that I got to know Ty's family so well, I feel like they are all my best friends. We miss everyone so much already!

1 comment:

Alyssa said...

oh my heck chels I love that pic of me and say!! I just started crying when i saw it, I miss you guys soooo much! cant wait to see ya in just a few weeks!!!!