Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving

We had a great Thanksgiving this year, it's always great to be with family and just relax. My 91 year old grandma even made the trip up to Boise with us. Thanksgiving dinner is always amazing at my house because my mom is an incredibly good cook-everything is intensely good. I'd have to say my favorite thing this year was the mashed potatoes and gravy, I decided that potatoes are my favorite food. I also really loved the pumpkin cheesecake with butter sauce for dessert. Yummy!!
My family's tradition is to go around the table and say what we are thankful for and what our favorite food from Thanksgiving is. This year the thing I am most thankful for is to be a mom:) It is the greatest thing in the world!

Kirstie made these super cute turkeys to put by everyone's plates
Everyone enjoying the delicious meal...
Sweet potatoes
Huge turkey leg
Mashed potatoes with the most delicious gravy I've ever tasted
Carrots
Sister-love her!
Grandpa rocking Saylor to sleep-so cute!
It was so fun to see so many friends at Sarah's baby shower. I was amazed at all the people who home made their gifts! I was inspired to be more crafty!
Yay!! Sass is having a girl so I have someone to get excited about big flowers and bows and all those other fun little girly things with. Also someone to make them with! We made the cutest ever bows at Sarah's shower. I was so proud of Sarah and all her big bows, she'll have the cutest ever little girl soon! (I like to call her Betsy since they have no name for her yet...they don't like that very much so I tell them to hurry and pick a name or Betsy just might stick!) Here are the bows I made. Me and Sass even made matching bows for Saylor and Betsy to go with the matching dresses I got for them! I have plans to make many more-I've already been to the craft store to buy ribbon, flowers and little rhinestones, I can't wait!

No comments: