Friday, November 13, 2009

Look what Ty got...

I never thought I'd let my husband get a motorcycle ...

Ty has had his corvette since before his mission and its been sitting on the side of his parents house for years now. When we first got married I tried really hard to get him to sell it since we needed the money and it was just sitting there wasting away. Ty went on and on about the sentimental value it held and how some day he would have the money to fix it up...it was a lost cause. When Ty started begging for a motorcyle I finally just said, ok well when you sell your corvette, you can get a motorcycle (and in my mind I thought, that's never gonna happen!) Then Ty's brother Stig went and got a motorcyle this summer and I don't think Ty's ever been more jealous. So jealous that he finally decided to sell the corvette...and I couldn't say a word about him getting the motorcyle after I had given him permission (kind of by accident)

So now Ty's got a bike. It's bad timing since it just got super cold but he did get a few good sunny weeks to ride it. He doesn't even care that it is freezing cold in the mornings and usually dark when he rides home, he'll ride that thing any chance he gets. Ty is like the happiest guy ever. The first weekend he had it we rode all the way up to Park City on it. We did some Christmas shopping at the outlets and had dinner, it was such a fun date!

3 comments:

Tyson and Courtney said...

How fun! I love going on motorcycle dates! Tyson's had a motorcycle pretty much since the day we got married (he's actually had 7 or 8 different ones over the last 3 years), until he sold it when we graduated because we needed the money and another car for him to get to work. Everytime he sees a motorcycle he tells me how much he misses it. I have a feeling it won't be long until he buys another one... I can't wait to see you next week in Boise!!!

Jessica said...

Ha Ha! I love it! Motorcycles are pretty fun I have to admit, but I do worry about Ryan when he rides off to work.

Anonymous said...

I will NOT be showing this post to Dusty he totally wants a motorcycle. . .everyday after work he pulls up criags list to see what bikes are for sale.
All in good time.