Thursday, March 12, 2015

I had a baby boy!

Tripp is almost 7 months old and I am just now getting around to blogging about it. Just shows how crazy busy my life is! Having 3 is wild. I was also called as the young women's president right before I had Tripp so that keeps me pretty busy too. But life is great! The first 6 months of having a baby is always the hardest to me so we are past that and I am FINALLY feeling that I somewhat have a grasp on this 3 kid thing. I am brave enough to go places with all 3 and it's not always a complete disaster haha. There are definitely days I think I am losing my sanity but we are learning to roll with crazy being the new normal.

So....rewind 7 months to when I was this huge!!! I was sooo miserable this pregnancy! I really didn't want to be induced but when my doctor offered to let me have him a week early I just couldn't pass it up.  I tried everything to go into labor naturally...labor inducing cookies, I even hiked straight up to the Y! But nothing.  I hate how anti-climatic inductions are.  I just love the excitement of going into labor at any given time and having to rush to the hospital.  So, the day before my induction, the hospital called and said they were going to be so busy the next day and they weren't even sure if they could fit me in.  I was SOOO depressed!! They said to call in the morning and see how things were looking. I didn't even pack my bag, I wasn't even sure if I was going to be having a baby the next day and I was super bummed out. That night around 9pm I got a call from the hospital.  They said since we are so busy tomorrow, would you like to come have your baby tonight?  This was just the surprise I had been waiting for!!!! I was beyond thrilled!!! Since I didn't have my bag packed or anything I was running around my house like a crazy person and I was loving it! They told me to come in one hour. I of coarse had to jump in the shower so I'd look good for all the pictures.  My mom was already at my house so we helped her put the girls in bed and told them they could come meet their brother in the morning! Ty was so worried that after the baby I would be way too busy to cut his hair so just before we walked out the door I was giving him a haircut. Luckily they did call back and say I had an extra hour which was good because I totally wasn't ready yet.

Walking into the hospital with my gigantic belly that I was about to get rid of!
I was sooo excited and ready to meet my baby boy!
I thought it'd be fun not to tell anyone I was going in early but I did text a few of my friends a picture of me in my hospital gown. We also called Ty's mom. They technically couldn't induce me until midnight (exactly one week before my due date) So they got me in my room and all set up and ready to induce me right at 12am. With Oaks, just breaking my water started contractions right away so we told the doctor I didn't need any pitocin. He still wanted to put me on a low dose. I also requested to have my epiderral BEFORE they broke my water because Oakley came so fast that I didn't have time for an epiderral! I felt kind of wimpy not feeling anything, but I had been in enough pain that pregnancy I figured I deserved it. So I got my epiderral a little after midnight and I was feeling great. Dr. Nance came and broke my water about 12:40am. I think I was dilated between a 3-4 when I got to the hospital. About a half hour after my water broke they came back and I was already a 6! They took me off the pitocin. We told him I was fast! Another half hour they checked again and it was just about time to push! They went to grab the doctor. I think he was pretty surprised how fast things were going. Just a few pushes and Tripp popped right out a little before 2am! It was so surreal how fast everything went.  A few hours ago I had just gotten a call from the hospital and here I was holding my brand new baby boy.  There really is nothing better than snuggling your new baby for the first time straight from heaven.

I got pretty huge this pregnancy so we knew he was going to be big but we were a little surprised at how big! 9 pounds 2 ounces! Good thing I was induced a week early!

My heart was bursting!
I love Utah Valley and I had the most amazing nurses! (Ty, me and Say were all born in this hospital too!)






While Tripp was getting bathed and dressed they took me to my room to get some rest. It was the middle of the night by now and I was pretty much exhausted. The nurses came in to help me get up to go to the bathroom. I told them I was really light headed and that I needed to throw up.  I started puking and the next thing I knew I was passed out on the floor! One of my nurses was 6 months pregnant and the other one was a tiny girl and luckily they caught me! I woke up on the bathroom floor with tons of nurses all around me. I didn't really know what was going on until I heard my nurse calling my doctor to tell him I had hemorrhaged. That's about when Ty woke up...he had been sleeping through all of that. I had to get a catheter and they had to pump me full of fluids. Luckily I didn't have to get a blood transfusion.  Tripp was just such a big baby and I had him so fast that I lost a lost of blood.



I had always pictured my little boy being a mini Ty was it was kind of shocking when Tripp came out with a head full of blonde curly hair!







After hemorrhaging they put me on some medications that made me pretty nauseous and sick. I was so so excited to have the girls meet their new brother.  Having Saylor meet Oakley for the first time is one of my most favorite memories. When the girls came in the morning though I really wasn't feeling great.  I had been up all night and just felt ick. Luckily Ty got some really cute pictures. 




It was so fun to be in Utah and have so much family come see us in the hospital!

Grandma Parkinson
Grandma Utah
Daniella

Isabelle and Eliana

Ray Ray
Eliana
Isabelle and Daniella
Grandma Great
Grandpa Great
Bre works right next door so she came on her lunch!
Jules came to Park City that week with her husband and she drove all the way down to meet Tripp!















Grandma Idaho was amazing as usual and helped so much! She took care of the girls, cleaned my house, cooked us yummy food and held baby Tripp.
It was so so fun having two of my high school best friends to see me in the hospital!  I loved getting to meet Baby Maddie too!
Auntie Autumn



Lisa and Marshall drove down from Layton!
Getting ready to leave the hospital


I actually really love the hospital.  I was really enjoying all the bonding time with just me, Ty and Baby Tripp. So relaxing. I also loved getting to call and order all the food I wanted at every meal haha! I think I got carrot cake just about every meal, it was delicious!

Right after having Tripp I remember feeling my stomach and thinking it was so flat! HA! As you can tell in this picture, after having Tripp I looked about like what normal people look like before having a baby.

Say is such a good big sister!


Our family of 5!





Ty told me newborn pictures were way too expensive but Lisa snapped these of Tripp when he was just a few days old and I love how they turned out!




























That is one proud daddy!

Meeting Grandpa Chandler




A few pics of Tripp's first bath

We are all pretty much obsessed with the new addition to our family!

No comments: