Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Summer Vacation Part One: Utah!

We had such an awesome vacation. Ty drove all 17 hours of the drive and when we were only one hour from his mom's house I even talked him into stopping in Park City so I could shop for an hour. I just couldn't resist, we were driving right next to the outlets and I was feeling so shop-deprived. I got the most amazing deals ever for Saylor and the new baby and it satisfied my shopping craving for the rest of the trip so I could spend the rest of my time with all the people we love most:)

Saylor is so in LOVE with these girls. She now says to me almost everyday, "Jess and Muggy come to Say's house and it be so fun?!" They played and played all week long.
We spent a day at Wagner Farms with Ty's family walking around looking at the animals and feeding the ducks.


Saylor is also obsessed with her cousin Tra. She wanted him to hold her all day long.
So sweet...
These girls sure do love their Grandma!
On Memorial Day we went to a ropes course in Provo and it was so much fun! I had no idea how scary some of the stuff would be, it was definitely an adrenaline rush!
Ty on the big swing
Me and Sass about to be spun around on the big wheel
That's me at the top of the zip line. We had to climb up that really tall pole to start!
Say and Essie wanted in on the fun too!
Ty walking across the "Eebie jeebies" This was one he wouldn't let me do being so pregnant and all.
I wasn't allowed to do this one either. Ty is about to jump onto those little platforms from the tree.
Walking across a log that is about 30 feet high
We saved the best for last...the leap of faith! That's Matt jumping for the trapeze off that tiny little platform. This one was by far the scariest! You climb up this super tall pole and have to stand on a tiny platform that is very shaky and jump for your life. Ty and Matt were the only ones that got the trapeze so to make it harder they both did it blindfolded!!! Talk about guts!
The Whole Group
Fishing at the pond
Me and Sass with our girls
Say loved running around in her diaper and getting dirty
Trying to catch a fish
Saylor is in the habit of stealing the camera and taking crazy pictures...she happened to capture this picture of my belly and I just had to show how incredibly huge I am!!
Touching the fish...she wasn't even scared!
What a fun day enjoying the nice weather (humid-free!) and being outside
We discovered a new game on our trip...Settler of America and we LOVE it! We already bought it and have played it here in Missouri.
Before leaving Utah we had to visit our good friends the Oldhams! They just moved to Utah from Missouri and we were already missing them! George is Saylor's best friend ever. If you ask her who she is going to marry she will say, "I'm going to marry George in the castle temple and wear my princess dress!" They had so much fun riding George's pony together.
George leading Saylor around the yard
On our way up to Boise we stopped at Raft River and spent a night camping and playing on the waterslides! It was a blast as usual and the weather was amazing! We all got fried.
What a fun trip!
Ty's family is coming to visit us in Missouri in a couple of weeks and we can't wait to see them again!

1 comment:

Time-Out With Tiffany said...

chels!!! looks like such a blast, and I am sooo glad we got to see you guys for a little bit! I can't believe i am going to miss the birth of this new little one, but i look forward to staying up to date via blog, and hopefully Skype! I hope you are hanging in there these last two months of pregnancy are the worst! love you guys